When it comes to choosing a criminal defense attorney, there are a lot of important considerations including the experience and skill of the lawyer who will be representing you. You want a lawyer with a track record of specializing in criminal law, but also with a track record of achieving successful outcomes for clients. While every case is different, it is important to make sure your criminal defense attorney has been able to both help clients avoid jail time by assisting them in getting charges dropped or in getting acquitted, and that your criminal defense lawyer has been able to negotiate plea bargains to minimize jail time when walking away isn’t possible.
The Pennsylvania criminal defense firm of Lawrence R. Dworkin has achieved many successes in defending clients. A few examples of these success stories include the following:
- A client who had been accused of rape and who had the victim’s blood on his underwear was acquitted of the charges at trial with our help. Many attorneys facing such evidence would have tried to plead out the case, but with our help, the acquittal meant no jail time or record of conviction.
- A client accused of murder was acquitted at trial despite three eyewitnesses testifying against him. This is another example of how the criminal defense firm of Lawrence R. Dworkin can take cases to court and win, even when it seems at first glance that the prosecution has strong evidence.
- A client who was accused of road rage was offered a deal by the district attorney to service between 6 and 23 months in jail and to be on probation for five years. Instead of taking the easy way out and pleading guilty, forcing the client to go to jail, we were able to take the case to trial and the client was acquitted of most of the serious offenses and sentenced only to probation with no jail time.
- A client was accused of writing fake prescriptions for narcotics and the district attorney was pushing for at least a year of jail time. Instead, we were able to advocate for our client and he ended up receiving probation only with no jail time.
- A client accused of sexually assaulting his daughter was facing decades in prison. With our help, he was able to plead to lesser charges. Instead of losing his life to jail, he was sentenced to only six months of incarceration and three of those months were served while under house arrest. This case is a good example of how we can help even if we are not able to get your charges dropped or get you acquitted of the crime you have been accused of.
While every case is different, these success stories show that we aren’t afraid to take the tough cases and that we can do what it takes to win those cases and help you avoid prison or serve the least amount of time possible given the circumstances of your case.
If you or a loved one has been accused of a crime, let us put our legal experience to work for you to help you become a success story. Contact us today using our online form or at 610-566-0610 to learn how we can help.